How to Get Over Your Ex in Ninety Days
• Break off all contact for ninety days.
• Stay away from social media.
• Remember all the things you liked to do when you were single and revisit those activities.
• Think carefully about starting any new romantic attachments.
• Wine, lots of wine. No, don’t. It could end badly.
• Be mindful of anxiety and feelings of hopelessness.
• Remind yourself it takes ninety days for your mind to switch gears and picture your life in a new direction.
Presley Benson thinks she found the perfect plan to get over her ex-boyfriend, Jackson Montgomery. All she needs is ninety days. There’s a problem, though. Jackson Montgomery is the newly appointed vice principal of Riverton High School where she teaches drama.
And oh yeah, he wants her back.
So what’s a girl to do? Stick with the plan of course.
This is the first book in a LONG time that I’ve given five stars to, but it’s been even longer since I was this engrossed and excited to read a contemporary romance. I’m always on the look out for a book that I can’t put down; I’ve read several recently that captured my attention and entertained, but it’s been years since I stayed up two hours past bedtime reading, then woke up ridiculously early so I could finish a book before going to work. This book did it for me.
The hero is almost too wonderful, but isn’t that why we read romance novels? But he’s clearly not perfect because he makes some truly stupid decisions. And I could relate to the heroine’s angst — the tears, the desire, the frustration, the hope. Gripping.
This is my first Jennifer Peel novel, but it won’t be my last!