Normally I write and schedule my blog posts as early as a month in advance. Today it’s almost 3 p.m. and I’m just now getting to this post. I have no good reason.
I do, however, have a great list of excuses for why I’m so behind on my work. Here are some of the most sincere, but still not acceptable, reasons:
– I’m on vacation this week.
– I kayaked for three hours Sunday. Ten years ago that was no big deal. It now takes me 1-2 days to recover.
– We toured Mackinac Island on Monday (see sentences 2-3 in the previous excuse).
– Tamara Leigh’s The Age of Faith series (I finished the last one this week, though, so I shouldn’t be too distracted now).
– Tortilla chips. Lots and lots of tortilla chips.
– Three words: Candy. Crush. Saga.
– My cats. They’re needy. Aunt Linda’s gone, and they want attention…all the time.
– Lake Michigan. I live in one of the most beautiful summer vacation spots in the country (no joke – Google “Traverse City” and see how many Top Ten lists you find us on). It’s not just a great place to visit, it’s a great place to live (during the summer).
– Strawberries, cherries, blueberries, oh my! We pick and process our own food around here, and when you want it to last through the winter, that’s 30-40 pounds of each type of berry. It’s time consuming, but the homemade jam and blueberry pancakes in March are worth it.
I could go on (and on and on), but then this blog post would just make it to my list of “reasons-I-didn’t-work-on-my-novel-today.” Instead, I think I’ll get back to work (after one more game of Candy Crush…)