It’s December. Life is busy. The days are packed with work and shopping. Nights and weekends are spent at holiday parties and festive family activities. Then there’s all of the other things:
– Kids’ holiday programs
– Snow delays
– Extra long lines…EVERYWHERE
– Moving (oh wait, that’s me…)
It all piles up and it looks like your novel is headed no where.
Grab your manuscript, a notebook, and get out there! There are plenty of opportunities to keeping being your authory self.
– You know you’ll be at the Christmas recital 45 minutes early to win the coveted seat: bring your WIP and edit.
– That 15 minute drive will be 25 minutes because of snow and the person you’re stuck behind who will only drive 45 mph: pop in a CD from the conference you attended and keep learning.
– The lines at the grocery stores are insane: keep your notebook handy. Eavesdrop on conversations, observe people, and write down ideas for future works.
I need to give myself this little pep talk today, because it’s been MONTHS since I’ve added anything to my WIP and I REFUSE to give in to self-pity. So those are my suggestions for the rest of this month folks – what are YOU doing to get the most out of your December??