Wow – I can’t believe I’m actually posting one of these! I never would have thought I’d have more than two people stopping by to check on my writing status – and I now have 41 friends!!! Thanks, guys 🙂
So how did I do this year? Let’s see:
1. I entered two ms into two contests. I received average scores for a first-time entrant (so I’ve heard). I, of course, was hoping for better, but this will do.
2. I attended my first BIG conference (where I met some of my new favorite people EVER!). I sat down and had my first 15-min. meetings with editors and agents, not looking for publication or representation, but just to get the nerves out of the way.
3. I spent two months away from the novel so I could study craft. It was amazing 🙂
4. Bad news – I spent over two months sick and unable to work on my ms. Good news – I found out I’m seriously allergic to mold.
5. Bad news – I’ve spent over two months packing and unpacking and moving and cleaning, so I haven’t had a lot of time to work on my ms. Good news – we bought a house!!!
6. I picked up a second regular part-time writing job. Between the two newspapers (Elk Rapids News and Grand Traverse Insider) and a couple of other periodicals I had 42 articles published this year!
Overall, I’d say it’s been a good year 🙂
I do have plans for next year, though they aren’t very specific yet. Here goes:
1. Finish current WIP and submit.
2. Expand writing base – submit to at least 12 larger periodicals.
That’s it. I’d give it more thought, but I’m still on deadline for the ERN, and I have to get that piece in today 🙂
So how did you do this year?? What are your goals for 2010?? Can’t wait to see where we end up in 12 months!