Yikes…can’t believe it’s already that time! I don’t even remember what my August goals were, so I’m going to recap:
1) Finish character interviews for novel #2 (I did one last month; I
should do four more)- DONE
2) Write 1-2 chapters for #2 (I’m starting fresh)- DONE
3) Query local paper w/ article idea- DONE (THEY BOUGHT IT!)
4) Set my own deadlines for ERN (the editor doesn’t give me any)- DONE
5) Write at least 2500 words per week- I’M DEFINITELY WRITING THAT MUCH, BUT NOT ALL ON MY WIP (1200/WK JUST FOR THE PAPERS!)
6) Write at least one more devotional- OOPS
7) Enter FW.com challenge at least once- OOPS
Wow-I set some good goals! Now…September. Let me just give you a glimpse at my month so you can see what I have to contend with:
Sept. 8 – Dr. appt (still don’t know what’s wrong with me)
Sept.12/13 – Wedding rehearsal/wedding (I’m the coordinator)
Sept. 14-18 – Subbing job
Sept. 17-20 – Host the Unattending Conference
Sept. 19-20 – Women’s Expo in TC (Networking!!)
Sept. 21-25 – Subbing job
Sept. 23 – Guest blogging for Teresa Slack
O-kay…with that in mind, I’m keeping my goals a bit smaller.
1) Add 5000 words to WIP (I’ve got to be realistic).
2) Finish writing “Unattending” lessons by Sept. 12th.
3) Have short story for “Unattending” edited by Sept. 7th.
4) Submit blog to Teresa by Sept. 21st.
5) Type up/edit essays/devotions I’ve already written (I can do this while I sub!)
6) Skip FW.com challenge.
7) Write at least one personal essay, just for me.
I think I can handle that…I should be able to handle that. I’ll probably do really well with this much stuff because I thrive under pressure. It’s these summer days with no schedule that cost me!
Okay, long post…sorry. I’m outta here. Have a GREAT holiday weekend!
Loving the sun,