Okay, let’s review before we set the new goals:
1) Find more publishers for Novel #1 – send queries (at least ten)
I DID find more publishers, but I only submitted about 6-8 queries. Still, not bad.
2) Finish editing Novel #2
Um…nothin’ here, folks.
3) Submit at least two pieces to ERN; one piece to VSM
Got in my one to VSM; ERN didn’t have anything yet. February looks promising though!
4) Don’t get discouraged!!
I’m doing well with this…I think.
In addition to all of this, I submitted my novel to the Genesis Contest. That means no more submissions (for that novel) until May. That also means, however, that I wrote a synopsis for #1. THAT is quite the accomplishment.
Now lets look ahead – FEBRUARY
1. ERN – this is going to be more time consuming. Their main competition went out of business at the end of ’08, so ERN will be covering more news. The potential for writing is great. It’s more journalism and less noveling, but it’s writing (and it pays), so I won’t complain.
2. Edit – #2 – I’d like to finish this.
3. Essays – I want to get a few essays finished to submit to other periodicals. I’m very comfy with my two regulars, but I want to branch out.
4. Find some critique partners – I’m in rural, northern Michigan and finding a writing group/critique group has been poopy. I’ve been trying since July with no luck. I’m determined.
5. Brainstorm – I’d like to get some other novel ideas down (just a file of ideas) so I can write when I need to escape.
That’s it – off to the Super Bowl!