I didn’t do too badly last month! Here’s a look at how everything panned out:
1. Spend better daily quality time with God:
-While not spending nearly as much time in the Word as I’d like, I did spend MUCH more time with God in July 🙂
2. Re-edit my novel. I “finished” it a few months ago, but since the
conference I am aware of some things to look for, so I’m going over it
one more time:
-I had an editor review the first 4 chapters – she likes it and gave me some great ideas. I have reworked it per her comments and the things I noticed for myself.
3. Send at least ONE query for said novel!
4. Get to the 2nd draft of a short story for a book compilation (due
-Done! Actually, I think I’m on draft 3 or 4
5. Write 2 more articles:
6. Submit something!
-Five articles and/or devotionals submitted!
And there were a few other accomplishments too!
1. Received another assignment for the online mag in LA
2. Have an interview this week with a local, weekly paper to be their part-time education/sports writer. (He was pretty surprised to have a female volunteer for the sports section!)
3. Wrote/competed in a weekly short-story contest
4. FINALLY decided which way to go with my next novel…have about 20 pages done.
5. Contacted local writers to start a critique group – we meet tonight for the first time!
I’ll be working on my August goals today – keep your eyes peeled!