Wow! I went to my first official writers’ conference this month and have been SOOOO completely refreshed! There are too many things that happened to mention, but here are some highlights:
1) I know more than I thought I knew.
2) I need to pay more attention to the things I didn’t know.
3) I can submit to some smaller markets while I perfect my novel and try to get a by-line to include in my query.
4) I have a good resource for writing articles: our ordeal with Matt’s cancer. I’ve already written one.
5) I have a couple of good starts for novel ideas…and now I have discovered the markets to which I can sell them.
6) There are at least THREE other people from my town who are writing! We are going to start a writers’ group.
Sigh. I could go on…and on…and on. Unfortunately for you the weather is great, I’ve got lots of paper, and a new picnic table to sit on and write! (Yes, I like to do a first draft in my own hand…old school, but it helps me). Oh…and we’re going to have a fire and roast marshmallows.
Admit it – you’d go outside too!